My apologies for the delay in the update but it has been busy as preparations for everything is under-way.
The team did a fantastic job at the bottle drive! Fliers were delivered to over 1400 homes and there was a large participation at the bottle drive itself! We ended up raising over $3000 through the kind donations of residents of a nearby community.
Bottle Drive, a set by GNCTR Calgary on Flickr.
Some updates from each team:
- Tech Ex is still in the planning stage
- Costumes have been determined and various materials are being researched
- Swag ideas have been finalized (be stoked!)
- Design for the sled has been chosen
- General shape and geometry is planned based on the design of the sled
- Braking and steering mechanisms are being researched
- Lots of test pours and strength testing for mix design have been performed, more on the way!
Looking forward to team bonding being held on October 19th. Remember that the Spirit Pageant will be held that night so best of luck for those fortunate fellows!
Cookie Dough sales are going to be starting soon so keep your eye out for those.